[asterisk-users] Updated Manual for Asterisk 1.4.x

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Thu Jun 28 11:43:30 CDT 2007

GNUbie wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> On 6/28/07, *Eric ManxPower Wieling* <eric at fnords.org
> <mailto:eric at fnords.org>> wrote:
>

>     Your best bet is to read UPGRADE.txt in the Asterisk source tree.  It
>     should list most of the changes from 1.2.x to 1.4.x
>

> What I just did was install the asterisk-doc package and I now have
> the Asterisk Documentation for v1.4.5.  But the docs doesn't have a
> detailed information about some commands and options used especially
> for the Dial().

Detailed info on commands is available at the Asterisk console.

asterisk*CLI> core show applications
    -= Registered Asterisk Applications =-
       AbsoluteTimeout: Set absolute maximum time of call
        AddQueueMember: Dynamically adds queue members
....... Much Output .......

asterisk*CLI> core show application dial
  -= Info about application 'Dial' =-

[Synopsis]
Place a call and connect to the current channel

[Description]
  Dial(Technology/resource[&Tech2/resource2...][|timeout][|options][|URL]):
....... Much Output .......

regards,

Drew

--