[asterisk-users] FXS channel bank

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jun 28 11:05:43 CDT 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Jerry Jones wrote:

> Your other option would be to do GR303 which would allow you to hang
> many lines off a few T1/E1 circuits, except it is definately not SIP.

   Well, and it's probably worth pointing out that if you wanted to go the
GR.303 route, the devices on both ends -- and especially the service
provider side -- is unlikely to be so inexpensive and simple as a mere
Asterisk server.

   You'd need some sort of DLC capable of doing GR.303, and, well, I don't
know what supports GR.303 subscriber interfaces on the service side other
than a bona fide Class 5 switch of some sort.  :-)

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems