[asterisk-users] RTCP NTP Clock skew

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Thu Jun 28 10:41:39 CDT 2007

Hello All,
I have Asterisk 1.4.5 running on a SuSE 10.3 x86_64  2.6.18.2-34
I upgraded from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 on sunday the 24 of june and since have been
getting:
Internal RTCP NTP clock skew detected: lsr=1402479300, now=1402675136,
dlsr=196500 (2:998ms), diff=664
I see an entry in Mantis that Russell fixed code so that this will not show
when it shouldn't. Would i be correct in "assuming" that if i pull a copy of
1.4.5 from digium this weekend that this message will go away?  Also, just to
show off my ignorance, what is this message telling me?  Is this simply a
deference between unix time-t and NTP timestamps and therefore nothing of
much concern?
JohnM