[asterisk-users] Query

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:07:42 CDT 2007

On 6/28/07, sanchal.singh at alliance-infotech.com <
sanchal.singh at alliance-infotech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>      I am trying to establish call through sip phone between two
> PC  connected to linux box on which asterisk server is running
>
>        1st PC is having IP Adress : 192.168.1.149
>        2nd PC is having IP Adress : 192.168.1.53
>
>        Now, I am tying to dial from 1st PC to 2nd PC
>
>        I am trying to dial from 1st PC to 2nd PC through asterisk server
>
> 2) extensions.conf
>     exten => 11,1,Dial(SIP/phone2,20,tr)
>
>     Now, I am calling from sip phone1 by name phone2 at 192.168.1.53

Why? Shouldn't you just pick up Phone1 and dial "11"? If you dial it by the
IP address, why would it go through Asterisk?

     It is not being called through asterisk server running on linux m/c. It
> is calling directly. As, I am running "sip debub" but no packet dumping is
> taking place. Can anybody will tell me the error I am doing.

I am going to assume that the typo is in the above paragraph, and you really
mean "sip debug". If not, that's another problem.

Thanx and regards
> sanchal

Hope that helps,
David