[asterisk-users] Fax passthrough howto codec upspeed

Ivoc i_v_o_c at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 05:50:16 CDT 2007

Hello everybody,

  Just was wondering if somebody can help for G711 fax passthrough w/ asterisk.
  The issue I have is regarding codec upspeed when the call is already connected using G729 for example. The setup is fax---ATA---asterisk---Cisco---fax

  When codec upspeed should happen, ATA or Cisco will send a G711 reINVITE causing the codec to be switched over, but asterisk does NOT transmit this reINVITE into the other voice leg so both voice legs regarding asterisk will be switched to G711. This whay the call is transcoded which is not desirable.

  Any ideas how to fix this?