[asterisk-users] Using MSAccess to dial on a Zap line

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 20:41:40 CDT 2007

On 6/27/07, Jason Martin <jmartin at metrixmatrix.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We use MS Access 2000 (I know, we're migrating away from it) as an application
> to automatically dial phone numbers. The old phone system we have allowed the
> call representative using the application to take their phone off hook, push
> a button in the app, and the app would send the phone number to the phone
> system and dial the number. We are moving to Asterisk for our main phone
> system. A middleware program has been written to watch for dial events in a
> database, then the program calls the Zap station the call rep is at using the
> manager interface.
>
> Is there a better way to do this? The complaint we are getting now is the call
> rep doesn't want their phone to ring when making a call. Can the manager
> interface give a phone number to dial on an off hook Zap line?

 Why not put the off hook zap lines into a meetme room and then as
you're dialing lines out join them to the meetme room? That way the
zap lines can stay off hook. That also leaves open the ability down
the road to have a manager monitor/barge these conversations.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/