[asterisk-users] North American voice BRI - Informal survey

James Van Vleet james.vanvleet at verety.com
Wed Jun 27 17:34:59 CDT 2007

A few years ago I had a Qwest BRI 2b+d because I could not get DSL (I
was surprised to get this).  I had it on a Cisco 800 series router and
ppp-multilinked the two channels together to get whopping 128k plus two
phones numbers.  It was kinda neat in that the D channel would drop one
of the links when I had an incoming phone call.

It cost me about $170 a month and I was really happy when they dropped
in a Lucent Stinger and I moved to ADSL.

One other note:  the line was rock solid and support happened to be
really good.  I suspect this is because there were only a few businesses
with strange needs and other then that the equipment was left alone.
;-)

-James