[asterisk-users] Cisco 7941 localized menus with SIP firmware

Greg Oliver greg.oliver at cistera.com
Wed Jun 27 14:42:18 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 21:45 +0200, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone met any success, installing localized (ie non-english)
> menus within SIP firmware enabled Cisco 7941 ?
>
> Those phones seem to be trying to download localized menus from Cisco
> Call Manager but as they are managed by an Asterisk server, I'm
> looking for a workaround.
> Any advice ?
>
> Regards

Actually Cisco only sendx xml for "certain things".  It uses a modified
SIP stack and it's native SCCP stack to provision button templates,
softkeys, etc..

I did hours of packet captures to try and get the info, but it is
embedded into the call control stack of their phones.

If you read the chan_sccp code a bit, it has a few different button
layout options, that are encoded in the SCCP driver and not xml files.

I wish they would go to all config files, but I doubt they will...

-Greg