[asterisk-users] Asterisk+squid

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:50:31 CDT 2007

On 6/27/07, rozsa <rozsa at student.utcluj.ro> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I've installed Asterisk 1.2.13, and it works ok, but I have some
> voip clients behind a squid proxy server, and this clients can't connect
> to the Asterisk server.  I added the  access lists  which permit the
> voip ports through the proxy, but the clients can't connect. This access
> lists in squid.conf are:
>     acl safe_ports port 5060
>     acl safe_ports port 4569
>     acl safe_ports port 5036
>     acl safe_ports port 2727
>     acl safe_ports port 9999-20001
>
>     Have you any idea how can I solve this problem?
>
> rs

rs,

  Squid is an HTTP/HTTPS caching proxy server.  It has nothing to do
with any of the protocols used for Asterisk (except maybe for the new
HTTP manager interface).

  I'm not really sure what you are trying to do but UDP SIP on port
5060 (the only one I recognize out of your list) will never pass
through Squid.

  I think you need to setup IP masquerading...

--
Kristian Kielhofner