[asterisk-users] Customized Ring Tone

GNUbie gnubie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:17:32 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm running Asterisk 1.4.5 and Zaptel 1.4.3 on Debian Etch i386 with the
Digium's Dev Kit that comes with 1 FXO and 1 FXS.  How do I configure my
home PBX in such a way that whenever someone calls on my trunkline (PSTN)
number, he/she will hear a customized ring tone, probably playing an MP3
file, instead of a boring standard ring tone while the extension number that
is forwarded the call is still ringing?  My current
/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf file looks like this:

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no
autofallthrough=yes
clearglobalvars=no

[pstn]
exten => s,1,NoOp(Caller ID is ${CALLERID(num)})
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/1,15,g2)
exten => s,n,Congestion

[local]
ignorepat => 9