[asterisk-users] Help with IAX Trunk

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Wed Jun 27 08:52:33 CDT 2007

On 6/27/07, Arun Kumar <arunvoip at gmail.com> wrote:
> so , how much bandwidth I need for 30 simul. calls ?

If you're using IAX2 trunking, the bandwidth requirements will be much
less than if you're not using IAX2 trunking.  Make sure you have
trunk=yes in the peer definition in iax.conf.  Off the top of my head
(without actually running the numbers), I would guess that 30
simultaneous calls using the g.729 codec and using IAX2 trunking would
take less than 512kbit/sec in each direction.

> to support 30 calls over IAX2 do I've to change some setting during compile
> time or not ?

No, just make sure you have a suitable timing source (Digium card,
ztdummy, etc.) for the IAX2 trunk.

-Jared