[asterisk-users] Problems compiling Asterisk 1.4.5

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Wed Jun 27 08:37:16 CDT 2007

equis software wrote:
> Hi! I have this errors compiling Asterisk 1.4.5
>
> cdr_tds.c:86:2: warning: #warning "You have older TDS, you should
> upgrade!"

 From "yum search tds" on FC5....

freetds.i386                             0.64-4.lvn5            livna
Matched from:
freetds
Implementation of the Sybase/Microsoft TDS (Tabular DataStream) protocol
FreeTDS is a project to document and implement the TDS (Tabular
DataStream) protocol. TDS is used by Sybase(TM) and Microsoft(TM) for
client to database server communications. FreeTDS includes call
level interfaces for DB-Lib, CT-Lib, and ODBC.
http://www.freetds.org/

freetds-devel.i386                       0.64-4.lvn5            livna
Matched from:
freetds-devel
Header files, libraries and development documentation for freetds
This package contains the header files, static libraries and development
documentation for freetds. If you like to develop programs using freetds,
you will need to install freetds-devel.
http://www.freetds.org/

> make[1]: *** [cdr_tds.o] Error 1
> make: *** [cdr] Error 2
cdr_tds.o ?

looks like Asterisk is picking up an installed, but ancient, freetds and trying to build the cdr module for it.

Update or remove freetds

regards,

Drew

--