[asterisk-users] Self Calling test

Dave Bour dcbour at desktopsolutioncenter.ca
Wed Jun 27 06:20:48 CDT 2007

I've had slew of problems with my Bell Canada Single Number Reach (SNR)
dropping in the past couple of months.  Another outage Monday for
several hours has me wondering if there's a way to

1. Make a call out of my system via a PSTN back to my SNR line, say
every 30 minutes (this I'm sure is easy enough via the call
file...however...)
2. Track the outgoing call and match to an incoming call...if there's no
incoming call...it means my Bell circuit or VoIP provider or ....
something is down...send me an email that the service is down such that
I can reroute my SNR to cellular.

The whole point of this SNR was to give me mobility...though that came
at a cost...Add the Voip off Asterisk and it's a near perfect solution
except when this fails.