[asterisk-users] kore dump

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:52:51 CDT 2007

> just an idea, but maybe qmail, samba, and bind have a smaller memory
> footprint than an in-use asterisk?

No, probably not. Asterisk's is about 20-40 MB depending on the number
of extensions, etc. Smbd's is similar, bind's is actually 90 MB (with
about 600 zones).

> can you take the hardware offline long enough for a memtest?

The machine has been retired (routine upgrade cycle). But I hardly
doubt that was the problem. My guess is it was somehow related to
limited CPU power (thread switching, interrupts, or whatnot). The old
hardware was single CPU and a lot slower.

--Luki