[asterisk-users] DTMF doesn't work between Asterisk and Cisco SIP Proxy

Jason Ma realmj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 12:12:26 CDT 2007

Buddies,
Thanks for  you response.
I have resolved the issue,it was not the DTMF mismatch between
Asterisk and Cisco proxy.
In fact,there is a Convedia media box behind Cisco proxy as conference
bridge,after checked the whole trace through the patch,I found that my
asterisk send video codec information in the SDP of invite,but the
Convedia media box doesn't support video,it got the request but did
not reject,just add a blank IP address 0.0.0.0 in SDP of 200 OK,so
there were two sections in 200 OK SDP,one is audio section with audio
IP address and port,the other is video section with a 0.0.0.0 IP
address.
When Asterisk got 200 OK,it was strange that it treated the video IP
0.0.0.0 as audio address,so the call was established but could not go
on,that was why I input anything it did not work,I think.
When I disabled the video support in Asterisk,it worked.