[asterisk-users] Bridging two PSTN calls

Doug Zingel doug.zingel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 04:38:41 CDT 2007

Hi,
I'm a novice trying out an experiment with Asterisk
and was unsure of the hardware needs for it.

I'm wondering if its possible to receive a call from
an external number (PSTN) say A. Then make a call to
another external number (PSTN) say B - and then bridge
the two calls so that A is talking to B? What hardware
will I need to be able to do this.

Secondly, if I had x number of simultaneous calls (A
talking to B) - how many PSTN lines would I need? I
think 2x.

I know this sounds ridiculously inefficient - but I
think the experiment might open some avenues.

Thanks,
Doug