[asterisk-users] Inexpensive Layer 3 Switch?

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Tue Jun 26 00:07:24 CDT 2007

Any recommendations on an economical layer 3 switch?  Preferably something that you have hands on experience with connecting to IP phones with attached PCs? Specifically I need the ability to set the VLAN in the phone to tag voice packets and to set a native VLAN on a per port basis on the switch to put the untagged packets from the attached PC into a separate VLAN.

POE is not a requirement but if you have suggestions for an economical layer 3 switch with POE I’d be glad to hear them…so far I’m looking at the SFE2000 from Linksys.

thanks

Checked by AVG Free Edition.