[asterisk-users] Modification of Caller ID based on context

arkda thrills3k3r at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 22:31:10 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have been looking for an example of accomplishing this, but I've been
unable to locate something similar to what I'm trying to do.

Here's the scenario:

Users caller ID is set to their internal extension (200-250). This is set in
sip.conf for each user. Each user has a local DID as well (hosted through
Vitelity, for example (555)111-2222). The problem is that this extension was
being passed to the outside world. I currently have a SetCallerID command
changing the CallerID to our main office number, but some users want their
DID sent, not the general number.

The problem is that if their caller ID is set to their DID, when users hit
redial on their phones internally they dial out and back in. I corrected
this by putting each DID in extensions.conf under their three digit
extension, but that seems a bit like a kludge obviously.

I'm looking for a method of sending the internal three digit extension only
when a user is dialing another user internally, otherwise it will send their
DID. Is their a method to do this in the dial plan? Anyone have an example
of how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike