[asterisk-users] Threading troubles 1.4.5 & IAX2-> SIP (FreeBSD specific??)

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Mon Jun 25 21:13:35 CDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Hendrik Visage <hvjunk at gmail.com> wrote:
> We've see a situation where the IAX2 appears to "loose"/drop the voice
> data to be sent to the
> SIP side of things. This happens "semi" intermittently, but we can
> reliably regenerate it
> at >40 alaw calls (even on a dedicated 1G network) and also with G729
> (but a tad more calls).
> It appears to happen using both trunking and non-trunking modes.

I'm making a wild guess here, but I'd say that if you're using
trunking, then you're probably getting close to exceeding the MTU size
or possibly the MAX_TRUNKDATA size as defined in chan_iax2.c.  If it's
happening without IAX2 trunking turned on, then I have no idea what's
happening... you'd have to look at the IAX2 and SIP packets when the
problem is happening, and try to figure out what's causing the issue.

-Jared