[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.5, Cisco 7960, call dropped when sip client put on hold/transfer

falz darkfalz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:11:41 CDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 12:51 -0500, falz wrote:
> >
> > However, on the first business day, we realized that when transferring
> > calls (not using call parking, using the built in transfer buttons on
> > a Cisco 7960) would not work. This error would occur:
> >
>         I had this problem when I first upgraded from 1.2 to 1.4 on all my IP
> Phones.  What I did to fix it was add "canreinvite=no" to all phones and
> this solved the problem.

Interesting. Just after posting to this list, I downgraded back to
1.2. I'll re-upgrade again later and try this out in the next few
days. I didn't have this defined anywhere, so it must default to yes
in the each device's area in sip.conf.

Thanks for the tip, I was way off track on what I was debugging
(codecs and such)

--falz