[asterisk-users] Faktortel in Sydney outage

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Sun Jun 24 22:03:04 CDT 2007

Warning to anyone using or contemplating using Faktortel services
(www.faktortel.com.au <http://www.faktortel.com.au/>  an Australian
ITSP)

Their Sydney numbers have been down now for 9 days. No one at technical
support can confirm the moving restore time.

Oh also in case you ask why don't I drop them as a provider. I got told
(and confirmed) that none of the faktortel numbers are portable and
unless I want to print new business cards,brochure,websites etc I'm
stuck with them and cant do a thing about it.

Cheers,

Dean

(oh and they offered me a grand sum of $A2.50 as restitution for the
outage)