[asterisk-users] inband DTMF for g729

Gang Chen gang.chen at insightbb.com
Sun Jun 24 10:05:38 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kristian Kielhofner" <kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] inband DTMF for g729

> On 6/22/07, Gary Chen <gang.chen at insightbb.com> wrote:
>> We are using Level 3. At this point, changing carrier is not an option.
>>

> Gary,
>
>  I use Level(3) with G729a and RFC2833.  No problems, no requirement
> for inband G729.
>

> --
> Kristian Kielhofner

I can connect to Asterisk IVR using a SIP phone and send RFC2833 with g729.
It works fine. But when test call from PSTN to Asterisk, if I set dtmf=auto
with g729, I got warning saying something like  * does not support inband
for g729 and sutomaticlly switch to rfc2833.  If I set dtmf=g729, there is
no warning but I have the same problem. This tells me that Level3 does use
inband for g729 or maybe I am doing something wrong .

Gary