[asterisk-users] FAX over T1

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 17:56:45 CDT 2007

Hello,

You need to setup the following architecture:

Asterisk ------IAXModem----Hylafax

Then route inboud Fax calls to IAXModem extension

outgoing faxes, are sent from user as pdf attachment to Hylafax as email
with Destination number in subject, then there is a script hylafax2email
pooling sendmail spool every time, that splits all info from email takes the
pdf and starts a call via IAXModem transmiting the fax!

This links will help U a lot:

http://wpkg.org/email2fax/

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Support#Documentation

In the past I got all the solution fully working for outgoing and incoming
faxes.

Best regards,
Marco Mouta

On 6/22/07, Joe acquisto <joea at j4computers.com> wrote:

> I have an existing Hylafax system using a mainpine 4 port board, 4 POTS
> lines.
>
> Have a recently installed Asterisk system, with a dedicated T1
> line.  (Well, it's really a fonality system).
>
> What would I need to do, or where is the reading material, for what I need
> to do, to convert the Hylafax server to use the T1 line?
> Reliably.  Preferably to use DID's as well.
>
> The current FAX works fine, but there is some desire to get rid of the
> analog lines.
>
> Could one add some sort of device in the Asterisk server, to act as "FAX
> extensions", keeping the mainpine on the hylafax?  Like a TDM400p with FSX
> modules?
>
> I'm just saying, ya know?  I suppose I have to ask fonality, since it's
> their box?
>
> joe a.

Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação
confidencial para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário
pretendido, não deverá usar, distribuir ou copiar este e-mail. Se recebeu
esta mensagem por engano, por favor informe o emissor e elimine-a
imediatamente. Obrigado.

This e-mail message is intended only for individual(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
proprietary, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you believe you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your mailbox. Thank you.