[asterisk-users] STDERR in AGI

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Sat Jun 23 16:17:15 CDT 2007

On 6/21/07, Ronaldo Z. Afonso <ronaldoafonso at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just started programming using AGI and I have a simple question about
> STDERR.
> If I understood it right, all the messages sent to "STDERR" should be
> shown in the Asterisk console, but using the following python code I
> just can't see anything.

Things written to STDERR only go to the console on which Asterisk was
started.  If you're using the stock safe_asterisk script to start
Asterisk, this would end up being TTY 9.  You may want to use the
VERBOSE command instead, so that information is logged to the Asterisk
command-line interface.

-Jared