[asterisk-users] Zaptel Compilation Error

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jun 23 12:32:39 CDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 08:48:23AM -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> I think my problem in Zaptel compilation is related to
> autoconf: no input file, anyone has an advise?

autoconf? What is it? Please reply to your original message rather than
starting a new one. This makes it easier to track all you've posted on
the specific problem.

no idea. That mxml stuff.

> Also, I did a change in the Makefile existed in the
> following path:
>
> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.20-1.2319.fc5-i686/
>
> EXTRAVERSION = 2.6.20-1.2319.fc5
>
> Now, if I run uname -r then I get output:
> 2.6.20-1.2319.fc5

Why did you do that?

uname -r is the kelease of your running kernel. It is taken from the
running kernel (same as: cat /proc/version ) and directly unrelated to
whatever files you have on the kernel tree, unless you rebuild a kernel
from there and boot from it?

> But the directory under the kernels is:
>
> 2.6.20-1.2319.fc5-i686

Which directory?

Zaptel looks by default for headers in:

  /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

This is usually a symbolic link to the director where the kernel, in its
current configuration, was built. In most distributions there's a
package with a partial kernel source tree that is good enough for
building modules. In Fedora (as well as RHEL and Centos) it is called
'kernel-devel' (if you used the kernel package 'kernel').
Installing that package sets the symblic link as well.

One problem that is quite common with both Fedora and Centos/RHEL is
that as there's only one "kernel-devel" package, it does not necessarily
match the version of your kernel. In such a case you may ned to either
downgrade the kernel-devel package or upgrade the kernel package and
reboot.

While on this topic, feedback for
http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4/README
is welcomed.