[asterisk-users] FAX over T1

Joe acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Fri Jun 22 16:43:38 CDT 2007

I have an existing Hylafax system using a mainpine 4 port board, 4 POTS lines.

Have a recently installed Asterisk system, with a dedicated T1 line.  (Well, it's really a fonality system).

What would I need to do, or where is the reading material, for what I need to do, to convert the Hylafax server to use the T1 line?   Reliably.  Preferably to use DID's as well.

The current FAX works fine, but there is some desire to get rid of the analog lines.

Could one add some sort of device in the Asterisk server, to act as "FAX extensions", keeping the mainpine on the hylafax?  Like a TDM400p with FSX modules?

I'm just saying, ya know?  I suppose I have to ask fonality, since it's their box?

joe a.