[asterisk-users] Polycom 301 - Problem with AMI Originated Calls

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Jun 22 15:39:21 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm having an odd problem with my polycom 301.  I am initiating a call
to it with AMI Originate() function:

Action: Originate
Channel: local/112 at Management
Context: to_meetme
Exten: s
Variable: dropped_conf=111

The "to_meetme" context is very simple:

[to_meetme]
exten=>s,1,MeetMe(${dropped_conf},id)

If I specify every other device I have to test:

* Grandstream 101
* XLite Client
* My Cell Phone

It works as expected.  But with the Polycom, the phone will ring and the
usual ANSWER REJECT FORWARD soft buttons are painted on the display, but
hitting the answer button seems to fail to do anything other than
silence ringing.

SHOW CHANNELS shows the polycom as ringing still although the polycom
has stopped ringing (audibly at least).

Of course, all other calls originate through the dialplan are answered
with no problem.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this?  Its a polycom 301 with
lines 1 & 2 registered to separate sip accounts in sip.conf.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee