[asterisk-users] different codec for different extensions

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Jun 21 17:18:43 CDT 2007

Configure the channels with the proper disallow= and allow= lines, and
Asterisk should figure the rest out.

I could be making drastic assumptions about your situation, but it seems
like this:

-----sip.conf
[userX]
context=internal
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw

[fax]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Then any IVRs that userX accesses should be in gsm because it's the
preferred codec?  Assuming that the gsm sound files ARE installed?  You
might experiment with this.

But when userX is bridged to the fax channel, ulaw is the only one the
fax channel allows, so it's chosen on both ends.

Shouldn't this work?

Mojo