[asterisk-users] AudioCodes Gateway and Asterisk

Shanon Swafford listbox at swaffordfamily.com
Thu Jun 21 10:27:41 CDT 2007

>On 6/21/07, Dovid B <asteriskusers at dovid.net> wrote:
>> Hi List,
>> I am trying to call from my asterisk box (1.2.18) to and audiocodes
MP114. I
>> keep getting an error from asterisk of -- Got SIP response 415
"Unsupported
>> Media Type" back from XXX.XXX.XX.XX. Both box's are set up to use G729.
>> Anyone have a hint as to what it may be ?

>Are you sure, your asterisk supports G729? It isn't supported by
>default, you need additional modules or hardware cards for G729
>support. If it is - what are you using for G729 - that might help to
>identify the problem.

>Regards,
>Atis

If the AudioCodes is sending back that 415, the "Message Log" in the
AudioCodes is invaluable.  Set your debug level to 5/6 and watch it while
you make test calls.  Once you learn how to interpret this output, you'll be
well on your way with AudioCodes.

If G729 is active on the MP, but still giving back that error, G729 might
not be in a profile if you are using them.

Also, firmware that comes on the MPs is normally sorta buggy, ask your
reseller for the latest version.

http://www.abptech.com/support/faqs/

Regards,
Shanon