[asterisk-users] Zaptel wct2xxp driver causes LEDs to go black and RED alarm

Jason K. Carter jkcarter at dls.net
Thu Jun 21 09:34:03 CDT 2007

Hi there,

I've got two Asterisk hosted PBX servers with Digium TE210P cards
attached by a E1 cable to Port 1 on each.  On startup, both cards flash
red, alternating between ports 1 and 2.

When server #1 loads the Zaptel  module and drivers, Port 1 status LED
goes green.  When server #2 loads the same module and drivers, Port 1
status LED goes completely blank.  Unloading the wct2xxp module causes
the flashing red LEDs to come back.

I've tried swapping cable ends and cards between the two machines, but
the problem LED always stays with server #2.  So, I think there is
something misconfigured with server #2, but the configuration file on
both servers is identical.

zaptel.conf:
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47

Any clues what could cause a GREEN alarm on one end with a RED alarm on
the other and no LED light as soon as the wct2xxp driver is loaded?

Thanks for the help,
Jason Carter
DLS Internet Services