[asterisk-users] retreiving callid of call from the dial application

Danish Samad danishsamad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 08:57:18 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am making calls from the dial plan using the dial application. Due to
technical requirements I need to find out the sip call-id used in the dialog
initiated by the dial application. I dont see any straight forward way of
doing this so I am looking for answers. There is a sip callid session
variable but the problems is that dial is a blocking call and the dialog
ends when dial returns.

I saw a similar post on the users list but there was no apparent solution
suggested. Our setup permits simultaneous calls as well so I need to
retreive call id's for each call made.

I would appreciate any suggestions, be that workarounds or code hacks.

Regards,
Danish

ps: I apologize for cross posting, but I am not sure which forums was better
suited for this question.