[asterisk-users] Play dial tone withou answer

David Boyd dboyd at ignitetrx.com
Tue Jun 19 06:37:10 CDT 2007

Two points,

first (I believe from many previous threads, and viewing source code
) you must answer a call to place audio on the channel.

second, depending on the type of access being used by the originator of
the call, the carrier will not pass audio on the channel back to the
originator unless they receive an answer indication from asterisk, so
even if you could place audio on the channel without an answer, there is
no guarantee still it would  propagate back to the originator of the
call.

dave