[asterisk-users] Phantom Calls

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Jun 18 10:25:53 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a client that is having problems with phantom calls.  I have not
been able to see it happen myself, but they say when it happens, the
display on the phone (polycom 301's) says "Device" is calling, but when
they answer the phone, there is only silence and then they hang back up
and it sometimes rings again.

I've been trying to track this down for a couple of weeks now with no
success yet.  If anyone can lend a suggestion or a pointer to look for,
I would greatly appreciate it.

I've tried using WaitForRing() in case it is bad signaling coming from
the phone company.  But that has not helped.

This setup has:

Asterisk 1.2.17
Zaptel (whatever was distributed same time as Asterisk 1.2.17)
CentOS 4.4
Polycom 301's throughout
Sangoma A200 with 2 ports connected to PSTN.

Thanks for any help.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee