[asterisk-users] VPN on Asterisk

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Mon Jun 18 08:40:21 CDT 2007

Quoting Dominik Zalewski <dzalewski at open-craft.com>:

wouldn't it be simpler just to run voip on some other port that is not
blocked like 80 or 110 etc ?

Then again if your network provider is doing things like that already
what guarantees do you have they are not going to block vpn or
whatever else you try ?

How can you do business in a country like that where you have
absolutely no guarantees your business will function from one day to
the next ?

> On Monday 18 June 2007 03:09:40 pm Biju wrote:
>> Somebody sugested that we can do this with open VPN .
>
> 1st Asterisk PBX - install OpenVPN and configure it to run as a server
>
> 2nd Asterisk PBX - install OpenVPN and configure it as a client
>
> http://openvpn.net/install.html
>
> http://openvpn.net/howto.html#examples
>
> What OS is running there?
>

>> But somehow. I couldn't do that.
>>
>> I will be greatful if somebodycan provide more details,
>>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>>
>> Biju.V.P

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com