[asterisk-users] Upgrade cisco SIP phone 7940

Kelvin Williams kelvin-lists at williamschadwell.com
Sun Jun 17 11:29:16 CDT 2007

Be sure your OS79XX.TXT and SIPDefault.cnf file and SIP[MACADDRESS].cnf file
all agree on the version of software the phones are to be running.

For example OS79XX.TXT should read: P0S3-08-2-00, and in SIPDefault.cnf a
line should read: image_version:P0S3-08-2-00. If you were trying to run
P003-08-2-00

The image_version line is not required in SIP[MACADDRESS].cnf file so I
wouldn't put it there otherwise if you have many phones you'll have to edit
each phone each time you change the software.

kw

  _____