[asterisk-users] MixMonitor Problem

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Sun Jun 17 08:07:41 CDT 2007

On 6/16/07, Asif Raza <asif44pk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am facing some issues while using MixMonitor and StopMonitor. My
> extensions logic is attached below:
>
> exten => s,1,MixMonitor(${CALLERID(num)}_${TIMESTAMP}.gsm,b)
> exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/101,13)
> exten => s,3,StopMonitor()
> exten => s,4,NoOp(Dial Status: ${DIALSTATUS})
> exten => s,5,Goto(sss-${DIALSTATUS},1)
>
> exten => sss-NOANSWER,1,VoiceMail(777 at salesvoice)
> exten => sss-NOANSWER,2,Goto(salesivr,s,4)
>
> As evident from the dialplan I only want to record the call when
> Dial(SIP/101,13) is successful.
> After that I disable recording by issuing the StopMonitor command. Now
> the problem is that when the status of dial is NOANSWER the voicemail
> recording is also recorded and saved.
>
> It is only after I hangup that I see the following print on the console
>
> End MixMonitor Recording SIP/192.168.0.10.172-081c67c0
>
> I want monitor to be disabled on priority s,3. Can someone please
> point out what I am doing wrong here.

Ok, i was thinking this over several times without any clue. Now i
finally remembered - MixMonitor didn't natively had StopMonitor
support. StopMonitor() is for Monitor().

So, you have to 1st check do you have StopMixMonitor(). If not, you
can try a patch from here http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6122

Or use regular Monitor(). I'm still using it on 1.2 without mixing, as
i had some stability issues with MixMonitor(). For now i prefer to mix
recordings in nightly cron job.

Regards,
Atis