[asterisk-users] VPN on Asterisk

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Sun Jun 17 02:41:37 CDT 2007

On 17 Jun 2007, at 06:25, sdcharly at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Greetings to All,
>
> Im looking for some help on configuring VPN on the Asterisk PBX that I
> have hosted in US. Im currently in Middle East and as everyone knows
> some countries here has taboo to VOIP. Im not able to get phy phones
> registered to my PBX as they are blocking SIP and IAX2. Hence im
> looking for a VPN solution.
>
> For this first i need to setup VPN on my server .. Am i right? Well if
> anyone has experience in the whole setup how to make it run, a guide
> would be much appreciated with some pointer to equipment that are wel
> suited for the setup.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Danny

Danny, I'd be very interested to hear which countries are blocking IAX2.

If they are just blocking it by port number, you can always configure
it to
run on a different port. If they are blocking it by content inspection
(unlikely but possible I suppose) you could try turning on encryption.

Personally I'd try doing both the above before going down the VPN route.
However I know folks have VPNs working very well.

Tim.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/