[asterisk-users] ivr testing script

Ben Wellborn Ben at ozera.com
Sat Jun 16 09:30:39 CDT 2007

Hello All,
I want to run a bash script on my asterisk-now machine that will test
our IVR at another site.  I need it to dial the number and, if it
answers, listen for a few seconds and then hang up.  If there are return
codes from the commands that can help me determine the status of the
line, I can then send an email to alert if there was busy tone or no
answer.
I've fiddled with a bash script to send "sip show peers" and parse it,
but that's about the most of my experience interfacing to asterisk.
Is there a way to do what I want?

Thanks,
Ben W