[asterisk-users] Unicall + MFC/R2 line dropped immediately afterconnect

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Jun 15 22:01:22 CDT 2007

Peter Gubis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> connection is already established (i can also hear called person for a
> while). Problem is, that the line is every time dropped after 1 second.
> I assume, that first billing pulse arrives immediately after link is
> established and it drops the line.
>
> Next week I'll be able to play around with timeouts and will try to
> change mfcr2->clear_back_persistence_check parameter as you advised in
> your second reply.

What you are seeing maybe pulses similar to metering pulses, but for
another purpose.

In some places it is common practice to create a pulse just after call
connection. This will kick out any collect calls, and prevent nasty
unexepected bills. The answer is exactly the same as for tolerating
meter pulses - set a clearback timeout and things should work OK.

I didn't want to make a clearback timeout the default, as it slows down
calls. However, people all over South America seem to be hitting this
problem now. Maybe I should make a timeout the default for some national
variants, and tell people how to remove it if they don't need it.

Steve