[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.anything on FreeBSD?

Bruce Komito brucek at bagel.com
Fri Jun 15 19:44:24 CDT 2007

I was very pleased to learn that 1.4.5 has been released.  Unfortunately,
I have been beating my head against a wall trying to install 1.4.4 on
FreeBSD (6.2).

If you have been successful in building 1.4.anything (including addons and
zaptel-bsd-trunk), could you please respond, on- or off-list with the
secret?  Plain vanilla asterisk is ok (I think), but when I try to build
asterisk-addons-1.4.1 and zaptel-bsd-trunk, nothing seems to be in the
right place (or at least in the place where the build scripts expect it to
be) and the build fails.  I've tried moving stuff around, creating
symbolic links, you name it, but unwinding the build spaghetti is beyond
my capabilities, I'm afraid.

TIA

[If you don't have any experience with FreeBSD, please don't bother
responding!]

Bruce Komito
High Sierra Networks, Inc.
www.servers-r-us.com