[asterisk-users] question on capacity

Remco Post remco at pipsworld.nl
Thu Jun 14 16:46:27 CDT 2007

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Can one server (like AMD 6000+ X2) with 2 GIG ram
> running asterisk 1.4 handle having 2100 wireless phones connected.
> All phones will not be talking at the same time only a couple will be.
>
> There may be 1 T1 card in the box.
>
> Will this work? If not how does one handle this situation.

yes, it can work, but not with asterisk alone. SIP phones consume a lot
of resources in asterisk. Better is a setup with a combo of (open)ser
and asterisk, basically asterisk will be a gateway to the fixed phone
net...

> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Remco Post

"I didn't write all this code, and I can't even pretend that all of it
makes sense." -- Glen Hattrup