[asterisk-users] Re: Slightly OT:CSU on Digium cards, and it's requirement

mail-lists mail-lists at peachnet.com
Thu Jun 14 09:41:44 CDT 2007

I probably shouldn't be hijacking this thread but it seems that there's
some people paying attention here that know what they're talking about.

We've recently acquired a cisco IAD 2400 router with 2MFT-T1 VWIC card
in it. Doing some cursory reading It seems that this card can be
interfaced with a PRI. (I really DON'T know what I'm talking about here
so my terminology might be all wrong).

My question is this:

If we want to get an analog trunk into the building and interface that
trunk with the 2MFT card, can we then use asterisk to receive/send calls
over this cisco router? How would this be accomplished? Do the cisco
routers take calls via SIP or is there some other mechanism to pass
calls off through this card.

The reason I ask is that my boss is a cheap bastard and wants to avoid
spending the $'s on a digium card if possible.

Thanks,

Steve.