[asterisk-users] WAV file best sound quality

Akpome Akpoguma akpome_a at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 06:17:22 CDT 2007

thanks for you response. Am using sip to access the sound files.The sound files are recorded with higher sampling rate and 'soxed'to 8khz on the IVR machine........... could it be that resampling is responsible for the degradation?Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:44:10 -0400From: mhoppes at gmail.comTo: asterisk-users at lists.digium.comSubject: Re: [asterisk-users] WAV file best sound quality8khz is not the best sampling rate, but that is the best you can do on the PSTN.   HOWEVER, you should be able to get fairly decent sound qualify out of an 8khz sound file on the phone line.   We have our IVR recorded at 8khz and it sounds fine.   Are you using any compression, or G711u/PSTN for your trunks/phones?