[asterisk-users] problem starting asterisk, unable to load chan_zap

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Thu Jun 14 01:10:33 CDT 2007

Hi,

> Two things come to mind,
>
> (1) being that you don't have the TE110P card jumped for an E1.
> (2) UDEV isn't creating the devices fast enough for the driver load.
>
> My guess is it's UDEV.  You can test this theory by creating a startup
> script that loads the modules, put a sleep statement in that script that
> waits for a second or so.

I have the asterisks running as a cluster managed via linux-ha. First the
driver loads when booting, then I log in, and start linux-ha, which then
starts asterisk. I think that is time enough for udev to create the devices,
but it is not doing it in the first place.
I added a rmmod wcte11xp && modprobe wcte11xp to /etc/init.d/zaptel into the
start section, and when I then login I have no problem to start asterisk.

Sebastian