[asterisk-users] Re: Slightly OT:CSU on Digium cards, and it's requirement

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Jun 13 21:50:42 CDT 2007

Quoting C F <shmaltz at gmail.com>:

> This is just weird I wrote it in caps so you can read it but you still
> didn't read it so here it is again: its a T1 card that does NOT have a
> CSU in it, and it is working fine and yes it is a T1 providing PRI.

If you are convinced that's what you have, and it works then great.

As far as the fcc requirement, who do you think is going to be on the
short end of the stick when you have a line issue and the telco wants
to do a loopback test and you have no csu to loop ? I highly doubt
they are going to fine you or anything like that, but you'll certainly
get a bill if they have to come on site because you don't have
something there that allows them to test remotely - fcc requirement or
not, its only fair don't you think ?

> On 6/11/07, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, C F wrote:
>>

>>> I disagree with this, I have several T1s that don't use Digium
>>> equipment and are directly connecting to T1 cards that DONT have a CSU
>>> and work fine. The reason this thing came up was because I was going
>>> thru documentation for such a card and it mentioned it's an FCC
>>> requirement.
>>
>>   That's not possible, unless the handoff you're getting is not actually
>> T1.  However, the card almost certainly has a very seamless,
>> inline/onboard CSU of which you aren't even aware of.
>>
>> --
>> Alex Balashov
>> Evariste Systems
>> Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
>> Tel    : +1-678-954-0670
>> Direct : +1-678-954-0671

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com