[asterisk-users] What is the state of Asterisk Secure Remote Communications?

Alvin Austin aan at crlogic.com
Wed Jun 13 16:48:46 CDT 2007

Hello all,

The wiki has a fairly detailed description of the the issues involved
with encryption of Asterisk calls:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+encryption

I'm interested in hearing what is working for people today.

I think the ideal solution would be a hard phone that could be plugged
in almost anywhere (dsl/cable modem, hotel, etc) and connect securely to
a remote Asterisk server (both for signalling and the RTP media
stream).  This might be a standalone phone, or maybe one plugged into a
small (broadband router sized) box.

An example commercial phone system with this capability is the Mitel
3300 or SX-200 with 5xxx IP phones having teleworker capability.

What solutions "just work" out there?  ("Just work" means that the end
user only has to know enough to plug stuff in to get a dial-tone and
incoming calls).

All ideas (commercial or otherwise) welcome.

Thanks,
Alvin