[asterisk-users] CallerID issues

Eric Lubow elubow at linkexperts.com
Wed Jun 13 16:40:39 CDT 2007

Not that I like answering my own emails, but I hate when I come across
the same problem as someone else and there isn't an answer there.
Anyway, the problem turned out to be in my sip.conf.  The variable
'fromuser' was being set for all sip friends.  Each friend's fromuser
variable was being set to the extension itself.  Therefore it always
appeared on the phone as the extension of that phone (that was a
mouthful).

Once I deleted that from the each group of friend statements, the
callerid issues resolved themselves.  Thanks.

Eric

--
Eric Lubow
LinkExperts, Inc.