[asterisk-users] Gigabit SIP Phones

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Wed Jun 13 10:10:21 CDT 2007

	Actually, uncompressed HDMI is 10.2Gbps. I don't think there are any
1080p IP phones yet, but there could be VoIP HD TVs coming. While there
are some MPEG-2 apps with each stream consuming over 20Mbps
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-2#Profiles_and_Levels ), there could
indeed be IP phone apps I've never thought of which could use >100Mbps,
especially for multiple simul streams. There certainly will be
eventually.

(C) Matthew Rubenstein