[asterisk-users] problem starting asterisk, unable to load chan_zap

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Wed Jun 13 09:17:59 CDT 2007

Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial
Discussion<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> wrote:
> Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> >> When you type ztcfg -vvv, what does it display?
> >>

> How about your zaptel.conf, zapata.conf and the snip of your dial plan
> that is doing the dialing.

my /etc/zaptel.conf
#Configuration for EuroISDN (E1)
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

loadzone = de
defaultzone=nl

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
language=en
context=from-pstn
signalling=pri_cpe ; pri_cpe = PRI slave ; pri_net = PRI master
switchtype=euroisdn
rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
callerid=asreceived
usecallerid=yes
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
localprefix=03381
callerid=asreceived
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
overlapdial=yes
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
faxdetect=incoming
channel => 1-15,17-31
callerid=asreceived

start snippet of zap lines from extensions.conf:

[from-pstn-custom]
exten => _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=0${CALLERID(num)})

[from-trunk]                                                    ; just an
alias since VoIP shouldn't be called PSTN
include => from-pstn

[from-pstn]
include => from-pstn-custom                     ; create this context in
extensions_custom.conf to include customizations
include => ext-did
include => from-pstn-timecheck          ; this has to be included otherwise
it overrides ext-did
exten => fax,1,Goto(ext-fax,in_fax,1)

but I do not touch any file below /etc. I only have to rmmod && modprobe the
module for the PRI Interface to make it work.

kind regards
Sebastian