[asterisk-users] Voicemail prob

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Jun 13 04:27:04 CDT 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Rizwan Hisham wrote:

> Hi all,
> How can i make voicemailmain application to not ask user mailbox. it should
> only ask for password. In the prev versions i used the 'u' option for this
> purpose but now its gone. So is there still a way to do this?

Read The Fine Manual (or online help ...)

dsx*CLI> show application VoiceMailMain
   -= Info about application 'VoiceMailMain' =-

[Synopsis]
Check Voicemail messages

[Description]
   VoiceMailMain([mailbox][@context][|options]): This application allows the
calling party to check voicemail messages. A specific mailbox, and optional
corresponding context, may be specified. If a mailbox is not provided, the
calling party will be prompted to enter one. If a context is not specified,
the 'default' context will be used.

     p    - Consider the mailbox parameter as a prefix to the mailbox that
            is entered by the caller.
     g(#) - Use the specified amount of gain when recording a voicemail
            message. The units are whole-number decibels (dB).
     s    - Skip checking the passcode for the mailbox.

In my system, 900 is your own voicemail, and 901 is any voicemail, so:

exten => 900,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)})

exten => 901,1,VoiceMailMain()

Gordon